Sunday, June 04, 2006

Recovery is now complete.

Before I continue with this post I feel the need to address something that has been bugging me lately. As all of you know, when I started Walking Wounded it was more a labor of love than a necessary daily or weekly chore. I jumped into the world of blogging "head first" and became quickly engrossed in all the avenues therein. Peeking into the lives of others while at the same time people were peeking into my life was a totally awesome thing because I found I had more in common with people in general than I thought I did. But I see lately, the give and take has not been the same.

I find that more often than not I have little or no energy to Blog anymore. Is my life getting dull? Far from it, really. I do find that I am susceptable to other distractions and one of them is MySpace.com. Since openning a MySpace page I have found that everyone in my city has one. So its not like I don't have reason to check my Myspace page more often than Walking Wounded, simply due to the fact that it provides more information about local events in my city. But one thing that Myspace cannot provide is the proper venue to share my deeper thoughts, realizations, observations and other more intimate discourse. That I tend to save for right here, feeling that is people want to they can head here to see what might be bugging me or what I'm currently into as far as politics, economics and the environment. When I have news on a cool local event, its Myspace I head to. When its something deeper or something I feel like sharing with my readers here then I post here.

So why is it I am not posting as much as I usually do. I have a feeling I have not been as dilligent recording some of the funny, freaky, retarded, thought provoking shit that has been occuring lately. That needs to change due to the fact that a lot has been happening that I would deem proper to share, but I have not been sharing. Basically, I'm not keeping up with my end of the deal! I'm a big ol' slacker, ain't I? *wink*

However, since I have recovered from my Birthday/Memorial Day Weekend with my visitors from Long Island, I'd like to catch up on some thigns that happened. And lots of cool shit took place.



First and foremost, the party I threw at Bricktop was a raving success! Yes, I went a little bit over budget but all in all it was a successful night in which we were able to bring Josh The Funky 1 to the city of Lincoln, NE. He played great music and his turntable skills are really tight as hell. He is a decent blend of club DJ and turntablist. I suggest anyone whose into funky house (even if you don't know what funky house is) to get his CD. It's that good!



One thing I wish I had was more pictures but obviously I was partying as though I just turned 31! LOL You can go here to see some pictures of the night. Sadly, I am not in a single one but that's probably due to the fact that I was floating all night making sure VIPs got their drinks and that all those on my guest list got in with no hang-ups. The night was super cool thanks in part to Bricktop and my boys from back home who stepped up to make sure things ran smoothly!

And of course, I have to add these random, candid moments to the official record of what's been going on lately because they have been the craziest shit. First, I'll start with my crew from NY.

You see the first night they stayed at my crib and let's just say things were pretty "tight" with four alpha-males being cramped into my apartment. Now my apartment is not small by any stretch of the imagination BUT it seemed to shrink once everyone got settled in on the first night around 4:30am. The next morning I took some paparazzi-style shots of them checking their eyelids for holes!







For shits and giggles I should have pitched a tent in the living room and told them that's where they'd be sleeping and see their reaction. One good thing was that the two of my crew ended up getting rooms at the Cornhusker Hotel which helped eleviate the crampness once Monkey made his flight into Omaha. Four in my crib was tight but FIVE would have been chaos. Kudos to Method and Merzy all the way!

SYS

Clear