Saturday, June 17, 2006

HOLY SHIT!!!

As I watched the match unfold in front of my eyes all I could say was, "Holy Shit!" Ghana with their first win against a European Football Team since 1964 has forced a three-way tie for the top spot in Group E. This opens things up for USA if we can get our shit together a get a win against Italy this afternoon.

Those like myself who watched USA's first match against Czech Republic were greated by the "ugly head" of yet another USA National team overhyped and geared for disappointment in World Cup 2006. But if the team can take this opportunity and collect themselves and play their asses off they just might make things very interesting in Group E. The good thing about today's match-up between USA and Italy is that neither team can advance with a win OR be eliminated by a loss. This eleviates pressure on both sides but there is goal differentials to be concerned with.

Anyway, I'm rambling on now cause I can hardly wait for the match to begin. Good thing I live on the ground floor otherwise this match might make me jump out the window! LOL

SYS

Clear