Monday, January 09, 2006

Aw yeah, baby!

Back once again is the renegade master
b-boy challenger with the ill behavior...


Yes, indeedy kids I'm back from my brief hiatus from the blogosphere. I didn't go too far but to some I'm out in the MIDDLE of nowhere, true. Although I don't quite see it that way. I enjoyed the holidays to the fullest as well as had some weird things happen to me during the past couple of weeks. But much more on that stuff in the up coming days. Hope your eyes are up for it since there will be some rapid fire additions to Walking Wounded to come. So enjoy. I also wanted to quickly say "hi" to all who have been around my little space a while and to let those who follow this walk of mine know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, yet.

Recently, I was given a fun task for work and figured I would share it with all of you since it is related to the whole "year in review" theme. Most definitely this theme will creep into much of what I discuss in the upcoming days like a slime mold, making surprising ground without leaving much of a footprint in its wake. Honestly, 2005 was a much better year than 2004, not just personally, but especially musically me thinks. (Deep followers will know exactly why 2004 took the flying fuck it did - and it wasn't the music!)

So here is my TOP TEN RECORD RELEASES of 2005 (in no particular order except the #1 slot):

1 - "Playing The Angel" by Depeche Mode
2 - "Push The Button" by The Chemical Brothers
3 - "Demon Days" by Gorillaz
4 - "Mesmerizing The Ultra" by Bassnectar
5 - "Grandmasters" by GZA vs DJ Muggs
6 - "Mezmerize" by System Of A Down
7 - "Osiris: The Official Mixtape" by Ol' Dirty Bastard (RIP)
8 - "Distort Yourself" by Institute
9 - "We Are Monster" by Isolee
10 - "Joyful Rebellion" by K-Os

My list could have easily incorporated 15-20 slots but ten was all that was allowed. These releases I have been recommending to all my customers and reflect broadest palette as well as most innovative. You'll notice the lack of "pop" on this list because pop is basically designed to be such and doesn't necessarily get there on its own merits (more often than not, the lack there of).

This list leaves my mouth watering for more to come in 2006 which is always buzzing as being an epic year! Woohah, got y'all in check...

SYS

Clear