Wednesday, December 14, 2005

You gotta love the hussle...

I am currently getting paid for my hobby! Yay, I love friend chicken. No seriously, I picked up a part-time job working at a record store to fill in time between bartending and the eventual teaching position. The store is really cool cause even though it is a chain it maintains the "independent" store vibe. Plus, the blokes that work there (like me) know a shit load about music and love to talk shop whenever possible.

Also, helping customers find music and that perfect gift for the holiday season has been remarkably rewarding. Usually, working with John and Jane Q. Public can be like getting your gums scraped at the dentist. But so far it has been pretty cool. Plus, my employee discount has already more than paid for itself since I started. Looks like my vinyl collection will soon return to respectibility. Needless to say, I am very excited.

Now if I can only workout at the gym and perform dead lifts without the other meat heads looking at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears. Where are all the hardcore weightlifters in this city?

SYS

Clear