Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I love making my own MP3s...

But sadly this doesn't leave me with any motivation to go out and seek some MP3s like many of you do. First, being an audiophile of sorts, I find that many cool mp3s I come across were not created too well. This annoys me. When listening to a really cool find that sounds horrible just leaves me sick and frustrated. Second, I hate that people screw around and change the name of songs when creating the mp3 file names. Sometimes a song I know well is either a) totally mislabeled or worse, b) the track is totally not what the file name suggests it is. Could be somebody's crappy Cakewalk version of a mix. It's all monkey balls I tell ya!

Speaking of monkeys, I was cleaning out my mp3 folder and decided to try and track down some of the albums the songs appear on. Not having a whole lot of time to dig in the crates at an indie shop here in Lincoln, I decided to take the lazy way out and head to Best Buy. I didn't really feel like a punk because I was out for CDs - not vinyl. I found FOUR surprisingly good finds amidst the usual horde of popular trash.

1.Space Monkeys vs. Gorillaz Space Monkeys vs. Gorillaz: Laika Come Home

2.Wu-Tang Clan Rza Dreddy Kruger presents... Think Differently Music: Wu-Tang Meets The Indie Culture

3.Image hosted by Photobucket.com Depeche Mode... Playing The Angel

4.Image hosted by Photobucket.com The Kings of Funk: Compiled by RZA and Keb Darge

I highly recommend these to anyone with musical taste. They are tops!

On a side note, is anybody else feeling Skateboard Pharrell's "Can I Have It Like That" as hard as I am? Can't wait to start hearing it at the dance clubs over here.

Oh yeah, and this is a call to anyone in the know. I am desperately looking for either the track or a mix CD/album that contains the mash-up of Michael Jackson's Billy Jean and Kelis's Milk Shake. Help a brother out, yo! LOL

SYS

Clear