Thursday, June 02, 2005

Like Waiting For Christmas Morning.

I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to the real estate game I still consider myself a bit clueless, although I have been learning an awful lot. The biggest lesson I have learned so far is that diligence does not necessarily pay off for those who are diligent. What do I mean? Well, I'm the type of person that once I put my mind to do something, I do it. If I need to research something, I research it. If I need to go somewhere, I go. And If something needs to be read and signed, I read and sign it! If not, I simply don't sleep as well at night. Doesn't take me weeks or even months. I seem to like to do things quicker so they get done and are off my mind. We all have certain things we procrastinate with like cleaning the gutters or cleaning out your closet and I am no exception. But damned if I don't feel like the buyer (and his attorney) is operating on a totally slower gear than I am operating on! For crying out loud, I simply want to be in contract, close and off to Lincoln already.

I have so much I need to do... once I do arrive in Lincoln. Most importantly I need to set up an appointment with the Nebraska State Department of Education so that I may get the ball rolling in the process of transfering my teaching credentials from New York to Nebraska. All states have certain requirements that need to be met in order to gain licensureship for that state. I want to start getting those taken care of so that I can get back to doing what I love to do, which is teaching science! But still being in NY has prohibited me from doing the necessary legwork for obvious reasons.

Next thing on the list of things I need to do is to get all of my personal records (like insurances, banking and other stuff) transfered to local institutions in Lincoln. In other words "get settled in." Not only for myself but for Caesar as well. This will take a number of weeks to get straight I am sure. If this sounds stressful to you you are right. ALthough, I will not be as stressed as I am now waiting on other parties to get things rolling.

Plus, on top of everything else I have a little trip to Africa coming up Septemeber 14th! Well, pretty much everything for the Kilimanjaro trek is finalized but there is always other things that need to get done, which I can even think about now. oh well. I will keep doing what I am doing and hopefully I will have some good news later this week or early next week. Damn, now I realize why people are so stressed out with buying or selling a home!

SYS

Clear