Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Nothing Like The Fresh Smell...

...of Caesar's yard apples warming up nicely in the 80 degree sun!

Like most people in my neck of the woods, in light of the particularly brutal and depressing winter we had, have left much of the yard cleanup for springtime. Now that the snow is completely gone and the weather is warming up fast (local weather fruits are calling for near 80 degrees today and tomorrow) neighbors and myself are taking the time to reacquaint ourselves with our lawns.

As I open the windows in the house for yet another breezy, mild afternoon I am greeted by the distinct smell of lawnmower exhaust and something even more familiar. That familiar scent is the warming piles Caesar has left in his wake. I guess I will be needing to get back into the Spring/Summer/Fall habit of going out and collecting the yard apples. Not that I am complaining, mind you. One thing I don't like is when I am met with a surprise while mowing. So added to my errands and chores for today will be the job of searching (actually it reminds me of an Easter egg hunt LOL) for Caesar's land mines.

Any reason to be outside on a day like today is good reason! ;)

SYS

Camouflage

Clear