Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Why Do I Get The Jitters?

Sitting in anticipation for a lunch date I have with a client regarding his NCAA recruitment efforts. His expected graduation date is May 2006. I mean I signed on to assist in his efforts knowing full well this would require me to light a small fire under the ass of this kid to make sure tasks get done with proper diligence. I guess it is my personal excitement centering around the fact I want to see my client get into his choice school (and soccer program). In the grand scheme of things this is his first attempt at marketing himself and I want to see him do well. Besides, being a bit worried about getting everything done always makes me nervous and at the same time keeps me on my toes. :)

This sort of urgency has been serving me well with many endeavors as of late. Things with the house are progressing slowly but surely in the right direction. Pop's final affairs are hopefully going to wrap themselves up soon. Hind sight is always 20/20 but I would have organized a lot of Pop's necessary documents a bit differently. Pop was great at many things but records just wasn't one of them. Everything will be handled regardless so nothing to worry about.

I just wish it would shed some positive light on the Melissa front. Not a day goes by that she is not on my mind in some form or fashion. I remember when I would be nervous and jittery she used to know exactly what to say to bring me peace and settle down. I'm tempted to try and call her but I realize that this might not be received well especially since she hasn't returned my last call wishing her a Merry Christmas. I don't think it is intentional. She has been working the graveyard shift at her place of work so she is on a different clock. Hopefully, I will hear from her soon.

Well enough of these random thoughts. Got errands to run and a lunch date to be early for!

SYS

Clear